Translate

maandag 4 oktober 2010

Alberto Valentini: Gezicht vanaf Wassenaarseslag

oil on canvas
30 x 150 cm
painted on location - Sunday 3 October 2010



A little off my "beat and track", but not so far. Usually I'm painting on the other side of that small scale skyline and pier, about 3 kilometers done the coast. I rather enjoyed myself, meeting all sorts of friendly new people. Many 'Expats' live in and around Wassenaar, thus got to speak my native language on a few occasions! The scenery also took me by surprise, somewhat similar to South Beach, The Hague, just a little less built up. Personally I find that attractive, more Nature, less human intervention. Speaking about Nature, I purposely, painted in the horizon quite low, thus affording one to take in and breath all that fresh Sea air, (figuratively speaking of course). Probably the last warm, ideal weather situation this country will experience for a long time. Thus 'il pittore' was rather obligated to pack his gear, and seize the day! Which I did, getting myself ready the night before, and produced this and another modestly large beach scene. (Tekst Alberto Valentini, http://alberto-valentini.exposeert.com/)
Meer informatie over Team Jetje